Another drive-by post, so check it:
- The Brave & The Bold animation series is expected to include upcoming appearances by the JSA (yay!) and a definite episode where Jaime, our widdle Blue Beetle, has a huge crush on the Huntress
- DCU Online has big plans -- although not able to choose certain characters such as Batman, players will be able to play alongside them on missions and shared storylines or as a villain... there was also word of alternate earths in future expansion packs!
- The Spirit clips were disappointing -- cartoonish violence inspired by Looney Tunes, a distorted idea of what is sexy, and the Spirit being so alpha-manly, all the women go stupid around him. I almost found it hard to believe 'What Will would have thought?' was the question the crew and producer asked themselves constantly. Visually though, it looks slick and pretty. That's a plus, right?
brilliantly sums up the WTF-ness with a Miller macro here
- Keith Giffen hinted at the previous day's DC Nation panel a return to writing Legion of Superheroes. Asked further in his panel, Giffen said he was waiting for Paul Levitz. Please say YES!
- Also, did you know Ambush Bug merch includes feminine products? Try Douche Bug the next time you're having a feminine itch! (kidding, but that seriously came up)
- The Goon panel had a drunk Eric Powell, born-again Christian ministers, holy water, Godzilla's 30ft green penis, and ended with smoke nearly choking the entire room... IT. WAS. AWESOME.
- Seconding the theme of awesome, GO WATCH TROPIC THUNDER IN AUGUST. It is the funniest, abso-bloody-lutely the funniest thing I have seen in my life. The fake trailers at the beginning of the film are worth the admission fee. Plus, you will see a certain Scientologist in a new light. Oh, and parlance
; I don't want to spoil it, but someone from one of your fandoms is there in an cameo that's relevant to the story XD
No pics today folks, as I spent my time getting me a Watchman bag and DC loot (a Flash ring, finally!). Will post pics of my costume tomorrow, don't miss on that yo.